General Info for 2023:
- Date: Sunday, February 5, 2023
- Venue: Queens Sports Complex, 2229 Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC 28210 (Marion Diehl Park)
- Hours: 10 AM – 4 PM Rain or Shine
- Setup/Breakdown: Setup is 7 AM – 9:30 AM, Breakdown is 4 PM – 6 PM. Please plan accordingly.
- Contact Information: email@example.com
Our Theme: Love and Plunder
This year’s Muggles Market has a dual theme: Love and Pirates. Happening just 9 day’s before Valentine’s Day – it will be a great time for folks to come and buy something geeky for their special someone. But also, PIRATES! Because even if you don’t have a special someone, you can have a special fandom to spend your dubloons on. So we will be encouraging everyone to decorate their spaces with either or both of these themes. Remember – the winner will get a free lunch for two!
(availability updated 9/25/2022)
- 6×6 inside wall space- $75 (18 total – 15 available)
- 6×7 inside center space- $75 (36 total – 36 available)
What’s included with your space:
- Free Wi-Fi for Payment Processing
- 2 chairs per space (6′ tables are available for an additional fee – will update soon) Tablecloths are NOT included – please bring your own!
- Load In/Load Out assistance
- Free marketing and promotion of the event including featured spotlight of your business on our website and social media.
Space Layout and Sizes
- Interior spaces (blue, with an I prefix) are approx. 6 x 7 but do not have easy access to power.
- Exterior spaces (green, with an E prefix) are 6 x 6 and have wall access to power. (extension cords may be needed)
- Please note: Although we will give every consideration and try to accommodate specific space requests, we ask for all artisans to be flexible. Careful planning goes into our layout to incorporate things such as aesthetic variety, traffic flow, cohesiveness, and general event ambience.
Terms and Conditions
NOTE: This is a Juried event. Muggles Market reserves the right to refuse sale of artisan’s space if the organizer does not feel that it is in the best interest of the artisan or other artisans booked to do so or if the wares sold do not support the intended artisan atmosphere.
Acceptance is based upon submitted item description and resulting discussions. Artisan must notify organizers prior to changing or adding additional merchandise for sale as it may conflict with other accepted and juried artisans.
Muggles Market cannot hold market spaces until at least a 50% deposit is paid on their invoice. This payment is due within 5 days of receipt. Payment of the invoice is acceptance of the conditions as outlined below and on the invoice. The balance must be paid within 30 days to hold a space. Payment can be made through our PayPal account. Please check with the Muggles Market organizer to make sure space is available before paying for the space.
Full refund less 10% handling fee if cancelled by November 30, 2022. Full refund less 25% handling fee if cancelled by December 31, 2022. No refund after December 31, 2022. Requests will be handled on a case by case basis. If Muggles Market cancels, artisans receive a full refund.
The Legal Stuff
- [ARTISAN] hereby assumes entire responsibility and hereby agrees to protect, defend, indemnify and save the venue, its owners, its operator, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers, directors, and agents harmless against all claims, losses or damages to persons or property, governmental charges or fines and attorney’s fees arising out of or caused by its installation, removal, maintenance, occupancy or use of the exhibition premises or a part thereof, excluding any such liability caused by the sole gross negligence of the venue and its employees and agents.”
- Muggles Market will provide some measure of security during market operating hours to deter shoplifting, or damage to property. [ARTISAN] is not to leave their vending space unattended, and should bring adequate staff to protect the security of their space.
- [ARTISAN] is responsible for collecting, reporting and paying NC sales tax. Muggles Market will not be responsible for the collection of these taxes nor will be held liable if any State of NC official comes to the event to collect the taxes on site.