Welcome to the Muggles Market Spotlight for 2019! Today, we are delighted to announce returning artisan FairyNerdy for our fifth Muggles Market at this year’s Geek Gala! She’s been participating since our very first Muggles Market! Laura Stinson took a few minutes to answer some questions about her business and general geekery. Laura is a (rare!) Charlotte native.
- What kinds of items will you be selling at this year’s Muggles Market? My media of choice changes pretty regularly. I’m doing a lot with digital art right now, which I’m turning into pins and stickers with a fandom bent. I also work with polymer clay, including figurines, ornaments, and jewelry. Much of what I make with clay is one of a kind and no two will ever look the same, so if you see it and want it, you better get it then! I also create fantasy art illustrations featuring mermaids, fairies, dragons, unicorns, and more, using markers, colored pencils, and digital, as I mentioned.
- Which sci fi universe would you love to visit and why? Gotta be Doctor Who. I’d love to have my own TARDIS and visit all the places and universes I’d love to see. It opens the whole world before you.
- What are your primary fandoms? Probably Harry Potter, but it’s basically a three-way tie with HP, Doctor Who, and Firefly.
- What movie are you looking forward to? Wonder Woman 1984, the next Fantastic Beasts installment, Downton Abbey, the live-action Little Mermaid.
- This year’s Geek Gala theme is Geeky Tiki Slumber Party-o-Rama. With whom would you love to have a slumber party (fictional, real, living or dead)? This party is gonna be huge, LOL. Definitely the Doctor, particularly the 10th, 11th, or 13th iterations, along with Amy, Rory, and River Song. Harry, Hermione, and Ron, of course, plus Luna, Neville, Ginny, Fred, and George. And Nathan Fillion and Zachary Levi for good ol’ nerdy shenanigans.
Check out their website at: FairyNerdy .
And make plans to come visit them on Saturday, November 2 at this year’s Geek Gala!