Welcome to Muggles Market Monday! Each week we are spotlighting one of the artisans scheduled to appear at our brand new Muggles’ Market at this year’s Geek Gala. This week’s featured artisan is A Sticky Obsession. A.W. Corriher took a few minutes to answer some questions about his business and general geekery.
- What kind of items will you be selling at this year’s Muggles Market?
Decals. I make all of my decals. Although a lot of my decals are common geeky imagery, I draw and make them all myself. I use various graphic design software for my drawings.
- How did you first get started making these things?
Well, it started as a need for another business of mine, that has since been closed. But I needed some decals for it and fell in love with the entire process- from the drawing, to the cutting and most importantly, shipping them to customers. I LOVE getting pictures back from customers with my decals stuck in their new homes. Having a computer back ground, if just seemed to fit me well. Drawing on my computer and turning that into a physical product melds my creative and my technical side into one.
- What has been one of your favorite projects to work on?
I did all of the decals for a customer that wanted to turn her niece’s Little Tikes cozy coupe into a replica of the little girl’s dad’s FJ Cruser.
- What else can you tell us about yourself?
I am a former systems engineer turned business owner. I love working with my hands, wrenching on cars, welding (new to this), and generally making things. Oh, and i LOVE Lego’s. Mainly Lego Star Wars but all Legos really.
- So this year’s Geek Gala is about space travel – if you could join any TV/Movie space crew – who would it be and why?
Cowboy BeBop. Why? I love the idea of of bounty hunting in an old west future.
- Check out their website at: www.astickyobsession.com
And make plans to come visit them on Saturday, October 22nd at this year’s Geek Gala!