UPDATE: We want to thank everyone for participating, and their patience with us as the super secret judges talked back and forth about who was the winner.
Let me start by saying – we were overwhelmed by the number of entries for our first event – 43!!
And there were so many good ones, the judges actually all had different choices for their top pick. However, they had 3 stories that seemed to be favorites with the majority. So it is with great pleasure that we want to congratulate:
Third Place: Monster by Kim Winderlich-Cady
Second Place: Fine Dining by James McDonald
First Place: Breakfast by Bruce Mulford
We will be recording these top 3 stories for our podcast as well as posting them to our website. And Bruce has won a ticket to this year’s Geek Gala! Congratulates to all our winners and a special thank you to everyone who participated – we hope to do another contest again soon!
Here we go, folks! It’s our first ever flash fiction 24-hour story writing event! And you are invited to participate!
The rules are simple:
- You will have 24 hours to write a flash fiction short story (1,000 words or less). The 24 hour period begins based on the time stamp for this post. (Deadline: September 12th at 9:15 AM)
- The short story must utilize the posted topic and be an original, unpublished work.
- Stories must be submitted in Word or PDF format (or equivalent, readable documents) and emailed to [email protected]
- Please do not post your short story elsewhere until after the judging is complete and the winners announced!
- The winner will have their short story read on the Guardians of the Geekery podcast, published on this website, and will receive one ticket for this year’s Geek Gala on Saturday, October 24th.
- All decisions of the judges are final.
So now – let’s get down to the topic!
TOPIC: Write a story from the point of view of the Monster.
This story can be any genre of fiction and can be any monster (new or used) you like. Have fun and break a pencil!