Hey everyone! Can you believe the Geek Gala is almost here?? As of this morning, we have 168 people pre-registered to attend! Very exciting stuff! So I just wanted to go over a few things before tomorrow’s big day!
For those of you who are newer to the group, just a reminder that this is our BIG event of the year, celebrating our group’s creation back in 2008 and giving back to the community. This year’s charity is Children’s Home Society of NC in memory of my little sister Christina, a former foster child who passed away in 2005.
So here’s the points to note:
- Today is the last day to pre-pay online. After today, you will need to pay at the door. We will be opening registration a little early this year. We will also be accepting credit cards – although do bring some cash – I believe the bar is cash only, and you don’t want to be paying ATM fees if you don’t have to!
- There are still some hotel rooms available if you want to stay the night. Make sure to use our group code of GEK to get the special rate.
- If you did not see it already, Mikey Mason will not be able to attend this year due to a death in the family. Our thoughts are with him at this tough time. He is, however, still going to entertain us with a few special things, and we will have the amazing Robot Johnson and Hawthorn & Holly attending – so the joint will still be jumping!
- Remember, the first 2 events of the day are FREE - so if money is tight, you don’t have to sit home! The Pre-Gala Event at Spandex City starts at 11 AM – 1 PM, and the Geek Short Horror Film Festival run by Adrenalin Films is from 2 PM – 7 PM. These are independently made films (most less than 30 minutes long) that you just can’t see anywhere else.
- Want to go ZOMBIE? Remember, the Get Dead Crew will be doing Zombie make-up at Spandex City AND during the Film Festival. Cost is $5-40, depending on your level of intensity. You can make appointments as well – so make sure to check that out.
Please Note: Although the Pre-Gala Event at Spandex City is family friendly, the rating for the Geek Gala is PG-13, with some R-Rated moments possible. We will do our best to warn you before any R-Rated moments, but like all great Sci Fi moments, our warning system may not activate in time. We are not responsible for anything you or your kids may see, hear, or do as a result of attending.